Summer Camp Policy
Updated: Jan 12, 2020
Please read the Ottawa Canine School’s following policies carefully so there are no surprises! These policies were put into place so that we can offer all of our beloved clients the best possible service and attention they deserve.
By hitting “Proceed With Registration” during registration, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
The Ottawa Canine School will endeavor to create as safe an environment as possible for my child and my dog and will endeavor to offer only sound, safe, and responsible activities and training instructions. However, I recognize that Ottawa Canine School is not responsible for any unintentional errors, omissions, or incorrect assertions. I understand that attendance of summer camp with dogs is not without risk to myself, members of my family, guests who may attend, or to my dog.
In consideration of, and as inducement to the acceptance of my application in this program, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Ottawa Canine School, its officers, directors, instructors, agents, employees and/or representatives of any and all claims, or claims by any member of my family, or accompanying guests of mine of injury, expense, costs or damages to myself, my child, my dog or any handler sponsored by me both in class and out of class. In addition, I agree that I will defend and indemnify Ottawa Canine School for any injury, expense, costs or damages to any dog handlers or dogs, whether sponsored by me or not, or to third parties arising out of my own actions or the actions of my dog.
When you register for Summer Camp, you are placed on a waiting list until the camp start date. Due to our pre-payment policy, spots in Summer Camp are not reserved until we receive payment. Spots are reserved on a first-come-first-serve basis, with payment. You will lose your spot if someone on the waiting list confirms his/her registration before you. Once you have paid the course fee, your spot is reserved!
- You can pay online using your credit card or via PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account).
- You can send an Email Money Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can pay in-person or over the phone during store hours using your credit card, cheque and cash.
School credit: School credit does not expire. You can use school credit to purchase any of our services and merchandise. If you would like to use your school credit for a purchase, please contact us to make adjustments to your invoice.
You can register for Summer Camp online, in person or over the phone. When registering online, you can then also make your payment online.
Please ensure that your dog meets all the requirements for Summer Camp including attending the Meet & Greet. Camp requirements are clearly stated in the camp descriptions. As part of the camp requirements, your dog and child must attend the Meet & Greet prior to starting Summer Camp.
Failure to meet all the camp requirements will result in the cancellation of your camp registration; there is a $20 administration fee.
If your dog and child are not the right fit for Summer Camp, we will cancel your camp registration and provide a full refund.
We are dedicated to maintaining small classes with plenty of one-on-one interaction. For that reason, cancellations with less than 5-business day notice before the camp start date will not be eligible for a refund. We appreciate your cooperation to help keep our Summer Camp small and effective for you. There is a $20 administration fee to process all refunds.
There will be no refunds given if cancellation happens once the camp starts.
Special circumstances for cancellation with less than 5-business day notice or once the camp starts:
- If your dog can no longer attend camp due to health reasons, a note from your vet will be required for a refund in school credits. Illnesses for dogs include injuries and contagious diseases. It does not include spay/neuter. The request for a refund must be done within five business days of the vet visit. After five business days, we will not honour the request. The amount refunded will be the unused classes minus the $20 administration fee.
Requests to move to a different camp with less than 5-business day notice from the camp start date will not be eligible for a transfer. There is a $20 administration fee to process all camp transfers. There will be no camp transfer given if cancellation happens once the camp starts.
You are responsible for your dog’s health and behaviours during Summer Camp:
- Dogs must be healthy and not be showing signs of illness including but not limited to
diarrhea, coughing and injury.
- Dogs must be up to date on vaccines (we accept titer testing results).
- Dogs must not exhibit fearful or reactive behaviours towards people or dogs. This is to ensure the safety and comfort of your dog and your dog’s classmates (see below).
- If your dog has a bite history (people or dogs), Summer Camp is not for you.
- Disruptive behaviours include but not limited to excessive barking, defecating/urinating, lunging and attempting to bite dogs or people. If you are unsure if Summer Camp is for your dog, please contact us prior to registration.
- Instructors reserve the right to remove disruptive dogs from Summer Camp.
- We will convert the remaining course fee into school credit, which you can use for other services and merchandise at the school.
Please consult our Class Calendar before signing-up for a Summer Camp. The Class Calendar also shows school holidays.
When you register for Summer Camp, you must complete the course within the time frame (e.g., if the camp is a 4-day class, you must complete the class within 4 consecutive days). We do not provide camp refunds or transfers for missed classes.
We will provide pro-rated school credit if your dog cannot complete the program due to illnesses, provided written proof is supplied to us by your vet. Illnesses for dogs include injuries and contagious diseases. It does not include spay/neuter. It is your responsibility to request for pro-rated school credit within 5 business days from the missed class date. Requests with more than 5-business day notice from the missed class date will not be eligible.
We regret that personal issues (e.g., lack of transportation, schedule conflict, family matters and etc.) will not be accepted.
Children must fall within the correct age category. We only accept children age 9 years old and older.
Photo & video release
We may take graduation photos and/or videos for marketing purposes. You may choose not to have your photos and/or videos taken or published, by sending an email to: email@example.com.
Cancellation due to weather
We train rain or shine, but sometimes the weather may affect how safe, productive and effective we can be. If the weather threatens to impede safety and training, we will contact you regarding camp cancellation via email in your client account as soon as possible before your camp start time. If there is no email notification, it means the camp will take place at the usual time and day. Please ensure your contact information is up-to-date. We will also announce camp cancellations on our social media pages.
When we cancel a camp due to the weather, we will postpone the camp graduation date.