DOG TRAINING certification program
Become a Dog Trainer – Online!
You are interested in becoming a successful Pet Dog Trainer or simply want to deepen your knowledge about dogs? Have a dog related business already and want to further your education?
You are in the right place.
An online, self-paced course with plenty of hands-on practical exercises.
The entire program is divided into 4 parts. The program, in its entirety, will prepare you to do pet dog training, teach classes, do private training, offer help with behavioural problems. You will receive full training to become certified in Pet First Aid. I will also share with you some of the most valuable tips I have learned about starting a business. There is so much more to the program, but this gives you an idea of the scope. I lay out a blueprint for you to follow, and break it into steps that build on each other. Step by step, with guidance all along the way!
You start here at PART I:
PART I of the online Dog Trainer Certification program will cover the foundations of dog training, canine communication, learning theory and allow you to better observe and interpret dogs. The course will also show you, step-by-step, how to train your dog in all of the basic good manners. It includes three hands-on workshops that you can attend at any time. They will be offered regularly and repeatedly. If you cannot make it to any of the workshops, you will be able to attend virtually – all you would need is a dog and a computer!
Take the training at your own pace, all while having all the guidance and support you need along the way.
- Access to any webinars I will create this year. I am currently working on one about Separation Anxiety.
- Access to live workshops and seminars (on top of those that are part of the course)
- 50% discount on any of the training classes offered at the Ottawa Canine School, provided your dog is a good candidate for the class (ie: no adult dogs in the puppy class!)
- Option to audit any of our classes for free (there are 2 spots reserved for the online students)
- Invitation to our closed Facebook group, where I do regular LIVE videos, post articles and interesting videos, and answer your questions.
- Email access to me! I am always accessible by email
- Bonus: I’m also very excited to have partnered up with Dogsafe.ca and to be able to offer my students registered in the online Dog Trainer Program the opportunity to become trained in Canine First Aid. The course is entirely done online and at the end, you will receive a certification to show that you are certified in Canine First Aid. The course is regularly $129 CAD, but it is free for students of the Dog Trainer Program. Learn more about the Canine First Aid Certification here: https://www.dogsafe.ca/elearning-dogsafe-101.html
You will have access to Part I for an entire year, so you can study at your own pace and take 3 months, 6 months, or a year to complete it if you like.
If you pass PART I, you will be invited to join PART II (Behaviour modification).
Once Part II is completed, if you wish to learn about how to structure group classes, the ins and out of private training, how to develop a training plan, etc, then you can move on to PART III.
Part IV is optional and is for those who wish to learn more about the business side of things.
PART I: $997 + HST *includes Canine First Aid training BONUS
PART II: $997 + HST
PART III: $597 + HST
PART IV: $300 + HST
Ready to get started? Sign up for PART I below
If you have questions about the course, Chantal will be happy to give you a call and chat, meet you in person or via Zoom. Please schedule in a consultation time below.
About The Trainer
My name is Chantal Mills. I have been a professional dog trainer for nearly 15 years and it’s been such a wonderful, challenging and rewarding career.
I have been offering the Dog Training Certification program for almost a decade but the program I offered a decade ago is different from the one I am offering today. I have not stopped learning and therefore, the program has continuously evolved to keep current with the latest in the industry. I am a proud member of the Pet Professional Guild, the International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants and have been certified (knowledge assessed) by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers. I also have a Bachelor of Education and have nearly 2 decades of experience in the classroom.
I am very proud of the quality of the program and now very excited to be able to offer part of it as a self-paced online course.
All my best,